Tuesday 27 November 2007

Idea Development

To date, I’ve been looking at producing an interactive visual timeline to represent my findings and my own vision and predictions of the future. However I’ve been thinking about how to make this more visually appealing as well better clarifying exactly what I’m going to produce.

I’ve been influenced of late by illustration, in particular graphic novels, which game me an idea. I’ve always wanted to enhance my graphic and illustration skills and in school I always enjoyed writing story’s so I’m thinking why not combine the two?

Create a story, a kind of a day in the life (which I thought about doing a while ago but that was earlier on the year before I had a solid project idea so I forgot about it). The day in the life could follow a person of maybe similar age to me, maybe even a student or some kind of reporter, in the year 2030 / 2050. As they interact with things and go about their day, the narrative could back up the history and context of the technology. Furthermore I could then produce a series of full page images of certain scenes in the narrative.

I could produce this as both a printed piece and a web based piece.

No comments: